Friday, March 20, 2009

Weeping Cherry Blossoms at Last








At the absolute first available moment this week after the rain I was out taking pictures of the flowers on my Prunus subhirtella, weeping cherry tree. There are quite a few flowers on it this year and I couldn't wait to capture them. We were given 2 seedling trees as gifts shortly after purchasing our home in 1997. I think I had my first blossom- only one mind you- in Spring of 2007 and a couple more in 2008. The trees are beautiful in shape alone but I was thrilled to finally see these delicate flowers.














My tiny Redbud tree has buds for the first time this year! Young gardens can be so exciting~ it almost makes up for the unfinished look.


Today was a beautiful day for the first day of Spring. I can't wait to see what awaits me in the garden tomorrow:-)









No comments:

Post a Comment